So it’s Saturday, not Friday, and this dinner was made this evening, but it doesn’t really matter, right? You won’t hold it against me for too long, will you? This has got to be one of my absolute favorite meals that I have ever made (aside from my Bacon Chicken Dumpling Soup which is to friggin’ die for!) and will totally make it again! I found the backbone for this recipe from a user at AllRecipes.com here and decided that I was going to shnazz this sucker up and awesomeize it! The calories are a little higher than I would like for them to be, but it is still mostly healthy and can easily be made healthier by dumping the cheese and ranch dressing (those were the real calorie kickers… jerks). Did I mention that this is super simple to make?! No? Well it is, and here is how!
Step one – Get yo crap together.
Step two – Combine your three cheese ranch dressing, nonfat Greek yogurt, parsley, poultry seasoning, cumin, celery salt, crushed red pepper, picante sauce, and lemon juice in a small bowl completely. Cover and put in the fridge until you’re ready to use it.
Step three – In a frying pan coated with spray butter (or EVOO) cook your shredded chicken, green onions, half of the chopped onions, minced garlic, and some salt and pepper if you so desire until thoroughly cooked. It took me about ten minutes maybe. Just stir it occasionally and everything will be alright.
Step four – While your chicken is cooking, plate your lime flavored tortilla chips in a circle with a hole in the center.
Step five – Put lettuce in the center of the chips.
Step six – Put some raw onions on the lettuce.
Step seven – Then some teeermaters.
Step eight – AVOCADO!
Step nine – Top with some cooked chicken mixture!
Step ten - Top with some of your yummy dressing from the fridge and viola! Margarita chicken taco salad! *muuuah*
Wonderful source of vitamins A and B6!
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken (shredded)
- 2 1/2 cups lettuce (shredded)
- 1 cup green onions (chopped)
- 3/4 cup tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 avocado (cubed)
- 1 1/2 cups onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/4 cup non-fat Greek yogurt (plain)
- 1/2 cup three cheese Ranch dressing
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp picante sauce
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tbsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 cup marble jack cheese
- 32 lime flavored tortilla chips
- Combine Greek yogurt, ranch dressing, lemon juice, picante sauce, dried parsley, poultry seasoning, cumin, celery salt, and ground red pepper in a small bowl, cover, put in fridge.
- Coat large frying pan with spray butter (or EVOO) and cook your chicken, green onions, minced garlic, and half of your raw onions (about ten minutes).
- While chicken is cooking plate your chips, lettuce, raw onions, tomatoes, and avocado .
- After chicken is complete place it on top of the plated lettuce.
- Top chicken with ranch dressing mixture and then top that with cheese. Enjoy!!
Eliminate cheese and ranch dressing to cut back on fat and calories. Consider replacing with vegan cheese and more Greek yogurt instead.
Did you make this? Tell me about it! I want to see!!