I will warn you now. These are not good for you.
There. Now that we have that out of the way, let’s learn how to do this! I got onto a peppermint bark kick over the last holiday season and then I started wondering what else I could make that would be amazing tasting and I came up with this… which has been a hit!
But again, I will tell you, they are not good for anyone trying to diet, such as myself… who loves to bake… but cannot eat these. Boo.
Get a double boiler together. See my makeshift? Two pots, water in the middle, BOOM! Pour a little bit of extra virgin olive oil into the top pan and then just turn the oven on to high and let it all start to warm up. Pour a bag of butterscotch pieces in the top and slowly start to mix it as the pieces get melty.
THEN! Then add a bag of toffee pieces and stir, stir, stir it up! Doesn’t that goop look awesome?
Pour those goods onto a foiled and greased cooking tray and then smooth it out as best you can. Sprinkle some salt on the top (I know it sounds crazy but it really helps tame the super sweetness of this)! Put it in the fridge and walk away. It’ll harden up in about 20 minutes.
Break into 24 pieces and then eat them with total happiness in your heart!
So easy and so fast and so yummy! What kind of sweet treats do you like to make?
So dang tasty!
- 1 (10oz) bag butterscotch pieces
- 1 (10oz) bag toffee pieces
- Vanilla extract (just a little splash)
- EVOO to grease the pan
- Salt to sprinkle the top
- In a double boiler add some oil and the bag of butterscotch pieces. Turn the stove on high and slowly mix it as the pieces start to melt.
- Once everything starts to melt add in the bag of toffee pieces and the splash of vanilla extract.
- When thoroughly melted and combined, pour mixture onto foiled and greased cookie sheet and smooth out flat. Sprinkle with some salt and put in fridge for at least 20 minutes to cool.
- Break into pieces and eat, eat, eat!
Calories: 126 / Fat: 83g / Carbs: 16g / Protein: 0g / Fiber: 0g / Cholesterol: 0mg